The successful individual will possess at least 1+ years medical and/or behavioral billing experience, especially in the area of account and payment reconciliation and at least 1+ years’ experience with medical and/or behavioral billing experience, especially in the area of accounts and payment reconciliation. This is a HYBRID role, 2 days in office, 3 days at home, MUST HAVE YOUR OWN COMPUTER!
1+ Years Medical and/or Behavioral Billing Experience
1+ Years’ Experience with Medical Terminology and Using an Electronic Medical Record and Billing System
Accounts Receivable Specialist I Duties Include:
- Processing of electronic and paper remits, including the posting of patient portions, denials, adjustments, contractual allowance and recoupments.
- Reconciles daily reporting from multiple bank accounts to receivable accounts.
- Resolves unposted line items from electronic remittance advices (ERA’s).
- Accurately posts patient and insurance payor payments to patient accounts timely, calculates and enters contractual adjustments, and patient discounts.
- Identifies and reports issues, discrepancies, and opportunities for improvement to management.
- Train and mentor teammates.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1+ years medical and/or behavioral billing experience, especially in the area of account and payment reconciliation.
- 1+ years’ experience with medical terminology and using an electronic medical record and billing system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HCPC’s, CPT, and diagnosis coding.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft suite, especially excel functions and tools.
- Experience interacting with external payers and stakeholders.
- Experience mentoring and training others on claims and/or coding functions.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
- This role is a non-driving position. May be 18 years of age and with less than two years’ driving experience or no driving experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com